The Andes-Amazon initiative believes that long lasting conservation of the Andes-Amazon ecosystems can only be achieved if the conservation movement has highly qualified individuals working in stable, efficient, and highly respected institutions.
The AAI recently approved five grants to conservation and education institutions to deliver an array of awards and courses:
- Scholarships for MSc and PhDs in local and international universities. For information please visit the websites of WWF-EFN, IEB, and the University of Florida.
- Small grants for fieldwork towards BS degrees, technical training, and other courses for professional development. For information please visit IEB's website.
- Grants and courses for protected area managers and guards. For information please visit the website of WWF-EFN and the Organization for Tropical Studies.
- Short courses on various themes, including Economic Tools for Conservation, Communications and Environment, and Environmental Law. For information please visit IEB's website.
- Additionally, the GBMF Environment Program funds a limited number of scholarships for professionals from the Andes-Amazon region to pursue a joint degree in environmental management at the Yale Schools of Management and Forestry and Environmental Studies. For information please visit the website of the Yale Business and Environment Program.